One Friday afternoon, I thought of cooking Pancit Palabok. And thinking, it must have something to compliment this delicious dish, so I made the Classic Puto. I want to have flavors like Ube or pandan but I am short of its ingredients.
The recipe is very easy to follow and quick to do. My family loved it and I made the second batch as soon as the first was finished. I added cheese on top for a bit flavor.
Try it and its great!
Sharing you the recipe. If you have the book, it is on page 59. Otherwise, here it is:
CLASSIC PUTO from Goldilocks Bakebook
You will need:
1 3/4 cups Cake Flour
1 cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Water
Egg whites of 2 large eggs
1/4 cup Fresh Milk
How to do it:
1. Half fill bottom layer of aluminum steamer with water and set over high fire. Keep covered.
2. Lightly brush 12 pieces putt molder with vegetable oil.
3. In a bowl, combine cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt then sift 3 times. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl with wire whisk attachment, pour water, egg whites and fresh milk. Mix at low speed until incorporated. (approximately 5 minutes)
5. Add the sifted dry ingredients and blend until mixture is smooth
6. Strain the batter into another bowl to ensure that there are no lumps.
7. Fill 3/4 of the prepared putt molders with batter.
8. Once water is rolling boiling, remove the cover and arranged the puto molders in the steamer. Place cheesecloth over the steamer before putting back the lid.
9. Steam puto for approximately 17-18 minutes.
10. Once puto is cooked, remove from the steamer and allow them to cool for at least 30 seconds before removing from molders.